Oster Refabricating Process
What it means to be OSTER Factory Rebuilt
- Wheather we rebuild your machine or one we have in storage here at the factory, the first thing we do is completely disassemble the machine including the headstock and transmission.
- As the OEM manufacturer of Oster machines we have access to all original machine blueprints and assembly drawings. This allows us to check worn parts against the original specifications and return your machine to its original quality with precision. If a part needs to be replaced with a new one, we can replace it with the same part as when it was new, both geometrically and with material and heat treat specifications
- All painted parts and machine bed are sand blasted and powdercoated to produce a tremendously durable and long lasting finish.
- When the machine returns from powdercoat the reassembly process begins:
- Headstock - The spindle is checked for wear and run out and replaced if necessary. All worn broken or chipped gears are replaced as well as the bearings. Installation of all new gaskets and seals
- Die Head - Threading machines with a capacity of 4" and under will receive brand new die-heads manufactured in the same facility where your machine is being rebuilt. On larger capacity machines the die head is completely disassembled and inspected. Worn parts are re-machined to original specifications or replaced. Any die-holders are inspected and re-machined or replaced. All rebuilt Oster machines come supplied with dies to cover the standard range of pipe for the machine.
- Self-centering vise carriage or Die Head style carriage - Carriage is inspected for bottom wear and re-machined or replaced as needed. Vise screw and vise jaw holders are replaced as needed. All vise carriage machines will receive new vise studs and vise jaws. Carriages with cut-off are inspected and components are replaced as necessary and equipped with new cutters.
- Coolant Pump and Piping - A new coolant pump is installed along with new sump screens and all piping is replaced with new.
- Bed - Machine sump is tested for leaks and new bed ways are installed and aligned. Using special factory equipment a precise carriage and die head alignment is performed. New sheet metal guards and doors are repaired and replaced as needed.
- Motor - A new energy efficient motor is installed
- Electrical - All wiring, conduit and junction boxes are installed new. All switches and contactors are installed new. All electrical enclosures are installed new. On available models a new top quality frequency drive is installed, eliminating the old style transmission.
- Upon completion of reassembly the machine then undergoes a rigorous testing process. We run your rebuilt machine for several days to ensure it is running in top condition. Our threading specialists then run sample threads on all standard material sizes with the dies that will ship with the machine and any cut-off, ream and chamfer tools are tested as well. Samples are then shipped with the rebuilt machine so you can be sure it's cutting high quality threads.
- After the testing process is complete we hand-build a rugged shipping crate for every machine. Your machine is bolted to the crate along with the required supply of threading oil and anyt dies or accessories. The entire package is then shrink wrapped and ready for safe transport to your facility.