New Oster 792A "LX Series" Pipe And Bolt Machine
Heavy Duty High Production Threaders With Variable Speed Frequency Drive
|Bolt Range||1/4" to 2"|
|Pipe Range||1/8" to 2"|
|Spindle Speeds, Variable||20-210 RPM|
|Maximum thread length with no re-grip||12.5"|
|Net Weight||900 lbs.|
|Shipping Weight||1040 lbs.|
The 792ALX threader is a heavy-duty production caliber machine. The LX series is capable of producing class 2A threads from 1/4" Bolt thread up to 2" NC Bolt and 2" NPT Pipe in a single pass. Production speed bolt threading and threading bent material is no problem for the 792ALX because the material stays stationary and is available in Standard, Long and Extra Long Bed models.
Semi-Automatic Rotating Diehead
Rotating style Diehead keeps material still and handlers safe. Stationary material also allows for threading of bent pipe, rod and conduit. Open construction of head permits chips to fall away as thread is being cut. The yoke actuated by the movement of the vise carriage automatically controls the opening and resetting of the die-head. Head is fully adjustable for over and undersize thread.
Quick-acting, open type vise with hardened steel insert gripping jaws and auxiliary jaws for diameters under 1/2". This smooth working vise permits easy loading, insures positive gripping and automatic centering.
Adjustable Diehead Threading Stop
Easy to change quick-setting adjustable stop automatically opens the die-head at the desired thread length for Pipe & Bolt making repetative cuts of the same length easy and accurate.
Three Bed Sizes Available
With three bed sizes available you can find the perfect balance between maximum thread length capabilities and the foot print of your new machine.
|Bed Size||Maximum Thread Length|
|Extra Long||25 inches|
No. 200NC Nipple Chuck, Adjustable Stock Supports, #02871 In-Spindle Ream & Chamfer Tool.
Other LX Series Features
- Easy to Read Digital RPM Display
- Automatic Stock Stop for Easily Repeatable Thread Length
- Taper Roller Bearing Mounted Spindle
- Heavy Duty Ball Bearing Mounted Worm Shaft
- Flat Ways
- Fabricated Steel Construction
- Patented Chuck Jaw Inserts
Production Speed Studies
|Pipe Size||1/2" x 6" lg.||1/2" x 2' lg.||1/2" x 10' lg.||1" x 6" lg.||1" x 2' lg.||1" x 10' lg.||2" x 6" lg.||2" x 2' lg.||2" x 10' lg.|
|Pieces per hour||211||211||163||175||180||124||138||138||91|
|Pieces per hour||220||250||215||180||187||150||157||150||150||145||130|
Bolts or Studs of screw stock with one inch of National Course thread cut on one end. Head turning at recommended speed.
Standard Equipment Furnished
- Motor - 5 H.P., 3 phase, 240 or 480 Volt. (Higher voltage will require the installation of a separate step up transformer)
- Motor Control - Variable frequency type with forward and reverse and potentiometer for speed control.
- Diehead - One, REVOLVING, semi-automatic, LESS ALL DIES. (Order only Symbol X1 Dies, 1 set per size required.) RIGHT- or LEFT-HAND available.
- Dies - Semi-automatic tripping and resetting device with emergency hand trip.
- Vise - Quick-acting, open type, with hardened steel insert gripping jaws and auxiliary jaws for diameters under 1/2".
- Stock-Stop - Automatic, adjustable.
- Gage - Drum type, mounted on carriage handwheel.
- Oil Pump - 115 Volt Gusher Pump internally relieved, with status light
- Oil - Thread cutting, FIVE gallons - Oster "BESTOIL".