Oster 784 - Factory Floor 4” Capacity Pipe and Bolt Threading Machine
|Standard Pipe Range||3/8" to 4"|
|Extra Pipe Range*||1/4"|
|Standard Bolt Range||1/2" to 3"|
|Extra Bolt Range*||3/8" to 11/16"|
|Spindle Speeds, Variable||16-23-35-51|
|Net Weight||1950 lbs.|
|Shipping Weight||2300 lbs.|
The Most Versatile & Rugged 4” Pipe Threading Machine You will Encounter
This machine is designed and built as a 4" capacity Threading Machine. It is not an oversize version of a 2" machine. It's quality construction, versatility, and outstanding performance in the shop or on the job have long made it the Standard of the Industry. Used for applications where production quantities, work size, or thread quality are the primary consideration.
Cut-Off, Reaming & Chamfering
The Lathe type Cut-Off and Chamfer Tools are cross rail mounted on the back of the Die Head. The easy operating Reamer is of the swing type.
Lever Operated Dieheads that Cover the Entire Pipe and Bolt Range
Two quick-opening, removable, lever operated die heads cover the entire pipe and bolt range. Both have a positive locking device and means for adjusting all dies simultaneously for over or undersize threads. Quick, easy die change from one size to another makes them particularly desirable where a variety of sizes are to be threaded.
The No. 784 is equipped with one No. 03852 quick-opening die head with one set of Symbol QUAD high speed steel pipe dies for 1" thru 2" plus the No. 03590 Die Head and a single set of symbol 74 high speed steel pipe dies to thread all sizes 2.5" thru 4".
Motor Control for Threading Machines
Magnetic starter and push button station with REVERSING control. A JOG - RUN selector switch allows a means for jogging the spindle to facilitate shifting gears. 230/460V input is converted to 120V at the machine control for the operator's safety.
Motor Mount & Transmission
Motor is mounted on an adjustable plate, driving through three "V" belts which, in turn, drive a selective gear-type transmission. The "V" belts cushion shocks and make for quiet, smooth operation. All shafts are ball bearing mounted.
Accessories for the Oster 784 Threading Machine
Victaulic Type Grooving Tool Attachment
These Tools automatically insure correct depth, width and distance from pipe end for Victaulic Grooving applications. Available as extra equipment with the No. 784 Machine.
Rear Gripping Chuck
No. 02969 replaces rear centering chuck, wrenchless - three flange jaws - universal gripping.
Additional Accessories for the Oster 784 Threading Machine
No. 200 Nipple Chuck, No. 4 Nipple Chuck
Standard Equipment Furnished
- Dieheads - Two die heads. One for sizes up to 2", and the other for sizes 2-1/2" to 4".
- Dies - Two sets to cover standard pipe range, 1" thru 4". RIGHT Hand Only. ONE set high speed steel Symbol QUAD Dies (1" thru 2") and one set high speed steel Symbol 74 Dies (to thread all sizes 2-1/2" thru 4"). Left Hand Thread can also be produced using optional Die Head and Dies.
- Reamer - Swing-type.
- Cutter - Lathe style, blade type cut-off tool with double V block centering device.
- Chamfer Tool - Mounted in cut-off block.
- Front Chuck - Wrenchless, three-jaw, universal gripping.
- Rear Centering Chuck - Wrenchless, three-jaw, universal centering.
- Motor - 5hp., 1800 rpm., 3 phase, 60 Hz. 230 or 460 volts. (Motors of other specifications available.)
- Motor Control - REVERSING magnetic starter and push button station, with safety 120V control circuit at motor controls.
- Gage - Direct reading DRUM type, mounted on carriage hand wheel.
- Oil Pump - "V" Belt driven, by drive motor.
- Oil - Thread cutting, TEN gallons-Oster "BESTOIL".