Heavy Duty, High Production Pipe & Bolt Threading Machines with Variable Speed Frequency Drive
Oster 792 / 794 “LX Series” Bolt and Pipe Threading Machines
|Bolt Range||1/4" to 2"|
|Pipe Range||1/8" to 2"|
|Spindle Speeds, Variable||20-210 RPM|
|Maximum thread length, no re-grip||12.5"|
|Net Weight||900 lbs.|
|Shipping Weight||1040 lbs.|
The Oster 700LX series of bolt and pipe threading machines offers you an energy-efficient, easy to use, heavy-duty threader. As a versatile threading machine, the Oster 792LX features slide-in tools and an optional blade-type cut-off. Efficient and quick, the Oster 794LX features swing-over tools and carriage for easy pipe threading, reaming, and cut-off. Our LX bolt threading machines are high-production, heavy-duty machines. Ideal for all your threading machine needs. Each model has a variable frequency drive capable of RPM between 0-200.
Oster pipe and bolt threading machines are made and manufactured in the US. Our commitment to quality and reliability has made us a trusted threading manufacturer for over 125 years. The longevity of our threading machines reflects our equipment design and performance capabilities. Oster pipe and bolt threading machines are built to last.
792LX With Quad II Slide-In Head
The 792LX is supplied with the Quick Opening Quadversal Die Head as standard equipment, but it can be supplied with the "Automatic Opening" Die Head. Both types use Quad Dies, have a Blade Type Reamer and a quick open-close die adjustment lever for easy, fast die changing.
Oster 794 – Conversion to Swing-Over Die Head Tooling
The 794LE comes with the Quick Opening, Swing-Over Die Head as standard equipment but can be furnished with the "Automatic Opening" version. Both types use Oster Quad Type Dies and a quick open-close die adjustment lever for easy, fast die changing. The machine incorporates a swing-over, self centering roller cutter and detachable blade reamer.
792LX Threading Machine Cut-Off Accessories
No. 02394 Blade Type Cut-Off
A self Centering, Blade type Cut-Off that produces a clean square cut with minimum burr.
Additional Accessories for the 792LX Threading Machine
No. 200 Nipple Chuck, Adjustable Stock Supports
Other LX Threading Machine Series Features
- Easy to Read Digital RPM Display
- Taper Roller Bearing Mounted Spindle
- Heavy Duty Ball Bearing Mounted Worm Shaft
- Flat Ways
- Fabricated Steel Construction
- Patented Chuck Jaw Inserts
Production Speed Studies for Pipe Threading Machines
|Pipe Size||1/2" x 6" lg.||1/2" x 2' lg.||1/2" x 10' lg.||1" x 6" lg.||1" x 2' lg.||1" x 10' lg.||2" x 6" lg.||2" x 2' lg.||2" x 10' lg.|
|Pieces per hour||122||98||76||110||88||67||80||74||58|
Standard Equipment Furnished for the 792/794 LX Series Threading Machine
- Motor - 5 H.P., 3 phase, 240 or 480 Volt. (Higher voltage will require the installation of a separate step up transformer).
- Motor Control - Variable frequency type with forward and reverse and potentiometer for speed control.
- Carriage - Slide Type with Feed Lever
- Diehead - ONE, QUADVERSAL QUICK-OPENING type - capacity 1/8" thru 2" pipe, 1/4" - 2" bolt - 792LX Slide-In type, Swing-Over on the 794LX
- Dies - TWO sets High Speed Steel Pipe Dies(Symbol Quad) Right-Hand, 1 set (1/2" and 3/4"), 1 set (1" thru 2").
- Reamer - Detachable, Blade type
- Cutter - Roller type, self centering. (Blade type available at extra cost - Slide-In carriage Only).
- Front Chuck - Fast, Positive! Grips in both right and left hand direction. Equipped with patented self actuated replaceable jaw inserts.
- Rear Centering Chuck - Rotating Type - scroll actuates 3 guides simultaneously.
- Gage - Graduated scale bar and thread length gage.
- Oil Pump - 115 Volt Gusher Pump internally relieved, with status light
- Oil - Thread cutting, FIVE gallons - Oster "BESTOIL".
Watch a Video of the Oster 794LE Threading Machine
Our 794LE threading machine video includes a basic operational overview.
Discuss your Heavy-Duty Bolt Threading Machine Needs with Us Today
Our pipe and bolt threading machines produce faster and longer, while our customer support remains unparalleled. Our trained specialists are ready to help you whenever you need additional training or technical support.