No. 95105 – 5 Gallon Bucket
No. 95155 – 55 Gallon Drum
Dark Thread Cutting Oil
“OSTO”- Oster’s Superior Threading Oil dominates the competition. For many years Oster “Bestoil” was our favored choice, but a few years ago we felt it was not as high performing as it could be. We dug through our old records and rediscovered the old formula. We went back to basics and increased the sulfur, chlorine, and animal fat content to provide a thread cutting oil that is densely packed with active agents. Compare “OSTO” to Oster “Bestoil” 95116 and 95117 or other competitors and our OSTO dark thread cutting oil out-performs the rest.
Benefits of Using “OSTO” Oster's Superior Thread Cutting Oil
- INCREASES DIE LIFE. By enabling you to use your threading dies longer, with fewer resharpenings it increases profits.
- ENSURES PERFECT THREADS. You get sharp, clean cut threads, every time, when you use “OSTO.”
- PREVENTS CHIP WELDING. Our special formula ensures proper metal film lubrication and prevents chip waste from fusing to the tooling surface, therefore preventing excessive tool wear and breakage.
- CLING IS KING. Formulated to have a vise-like grip on the work material our oil ensures that the cutting surface is always lubricated, and tooling is flooded with coolant.
- INFINITE SHELF LIFE. ”OSTO” never goes bad and doesn’t break down during the threading process.
Why Water Soluble Won't Work for Thread Cutting Fluids
Many products claim to be the ultimate in cutting fluids, but most are not. Radial thread-cutting is not your run-of-the-mill operation and radial pipe and bolt threading machines require a more robust solution than average coolants. Because our machines are so simple to operate, it is sometimes easy to forget about the extreme forces involved in radial thread-cutting. Water soluble solutions do not work, and neither will new clear “oils” you might see on the shelf elsewhere.
A heavy-duty operation requires a heavy-duty cutting fluid. For quality threads and longer die life - Always use “OSTO.”
Advantages of Good Thread Cutting Oil
The purpose of a good cutting oil is two-fold: (1) To prevent chip welding and prevent breaking teeth and (2) to penetrate the pores of the pipe or metal and cool the cutting teeth of the dies or cutting edge of the tool while they are embedded in the work. Oster’s Superior Threading Oil accomplishes both in the most efficient manner.
- It is a carefully compounded oil containing sulfur, chlorinated paraffin and special clinging agents held in permanent suspension. These chemicals in proper concentration work to both cool the work and to promote metal film lubrication which reduces chip welding.
- “OSTO” will outperform any synthetic because it has anti-chip welding agents and better adhesion to the material surface. The sulfur content of “OSTO” never varies because it is held in perfect chemical combination.
Applications for Dark Threading Oil
Order Your Thread Cutting Oil Today
With 125 years of threading innovation and excellence, Oster sets the standard for high-quality industrial pipe and bolt threading machines. Our dark thread cutting oil offers you the performance and quality you’ve come to expect from Oster.