High-Production Pipe and Bolt Threading Machine
|Bolt Range||1/4" to 2"|
|Pipe Range||1/8" to 2"|
|Spindle Speeds, Variable||20-210 RPM|
|Maximum thread length with no re-grip|
|Extra Long Bed||25"|
|Net Weight||900 lbs.|
|Shipping Weight||1040 lbs.|
Increase your efficiency and reduce production time with a heavy-duty pipe and bolt threading machine. The Oster 792A “LX series” pipe and bolt threading machine is a heavy-duty, high-production bolt threading machine.
- Available in 3 bed lengths, the standard bed is a workhorse for pipe threading applications and most bolt threading applications with a 7-3/4” stroke length.
- For longer bolts or long runs of NPS Pipe Threads, you can re-grip on the standard-length bed, or upgrade to a long, or extra-long bed machine with a 15” or 25” stroke.
- Produces Class 2A threads from ¼” to 2-1/4” Bolt and 1/8” to 2” Pipe.
Oster’s commitment to quality means this threading machine is not only affordable, but it is made in the USA and made to last.
Advantages of the Oster 792ALX Pipe and Bolt Threading Machine
Besides the quality and longevity of our products, Oster’s 792ALX offers the following advantages:
- Cost-efficient when compared to CNC machining.
- No need for a skilled operator.
- Works with high-production pipe and high-production bolt in equal capacity. Because the pipe threading industry requires a keen eye, the 792ALX offers detailed accuracy for more critical applications.
- Semi-automatic operation
- Manufactured in the USA
Oster 792ALX Heavy-Duty Pipe and Bolt Threading Machine Features
As our flagship pipe and bolt threading machine, the Oster 792ALX is built for high-production work.
Self-Centering Quick-Action Vise Carriage
Adjustable Diehead Threading Stop
In Spindle Ream & Chamfer Tool Available for Pipe Threads
Three Bed Lengths Available for the Threading Machine
Standard-Max thread length= 7-3/4 inches
Long-Max thread length= 15 inches
Extra Long- Max thread length-25 inches
Oster X1 Style Rotating Diehead for Increased Production
The Oster rotating X1 diehead allows for increased production over a standard bolt and pipe threading machine. It also creates a safer work environment because the concern over long pieces of rotating material is eliminated. It can produce up to 200 threaded ends per hour as well as cutting both right-hand and left-hand threads in a single pass.
Benefits of the Rotating X1 Diehead for High-Production Threading Machines
• It’s Faster- Most threading machines rob you of production time because the operator must start and stop the spindle to insert or remove the work piece.
- With the X1 rotating diehead the need to start and stop the spindle between work pieces is eliminated.
- This allows for significantly higher production rates when compared to a conventional pipe or bolt threading machine.
• It’s Safer- Shop safety is also improved when using the X1 rotating diehead machine.
- With a lathe or conventional threading machine there is always a piece of rotating material that necessitates workspace headaches, especially on longer pieces.
- With the X1 rotating diehead there is no longer a need for concern when threading long pieces of material, whether one is threading a 20” piece or a 20’ piece.
• Better than a Lathe- With the X1 diehead your threads are cut in a single pass, something unmatchable with single point solutions on a lathe.
- It is superior for tackling long thread lengths and eliminates the need for live centers that add an extra machining operation.
Niche Applications for the Oster 792ALX Pipe and Bolt Threading Machine
While the Oster line of pipe and bolt threading machines offer an unsurpassed value to many industries, the Oster 792ALX threading machine also applies to niche applications, including:
- Anchor bolts
- Cement anchors for construction
- Pipe. Examples include fire sprinklers and pipes for natural gas
- Non-standard applications like gas trucks
- Hanger bolts for nuclear submarines
Production Speed Studies for Pipe and Bolt Threading Machines
|Pipe Size||1/2" x 6" lg.||1/2" x 2' lg.||1/2" x 10' lg.||1" x 6" lg||1" x 2' lg.||1" x 10' lg.||2" x 6" lg.||2" x 2' lg.||2" x 10' lg.|
|Pieces per hour||211||211||163||175||180||124||138||138||91|
|Pieces per hour||220||250||215||180||187||150||157||150||150||145||130|
Bolts or Studs of screw stock with one inch of National Course thread cut on one end. Head turning at recommended speed.
Discuss Your Pipe and Bolt Threading Machine Needs with Us
For over 125 years, the Oster Manufacturing Company has been committed to manufacturing top-quality pipe and bolt threading machines. We are dedicated to manufacturing threading machines that exceed our customer’s expectations. This dedication can be seen through the high-quality materials we use to our priority focused on customer satisfaction.
Contact the threading specialists at Oster with your questions or custom project with us today.
See the 792ALX Threading Machine In Action
Demonstration of Threading and End Finishing Pipe with #02871 Ream & Chamfer Tool.
Basic Operation - Bolt
Basic Information for the Oster 792A Threading Machine