High-Production Pipe and Bolt Threading Machine
|Bolt Range||1/4" to 2"|
|Pipe Range||1/8" to 2"|
|Spindle Speeds, Variable||20-210 RPM|
|Maximum thread length with no re-grip|
|Extra Long Bed||25"|
|Net Weight||900 lbs.|
|Shipping Weight||1040 lbs.|
The Oster 792A “LX series” pipe and bolt threading machine is our flagship threading machine. It is a heavy-duty, high-production caliber machine. Oster’s commitment to quality means this threading machine is not only affordable, but it is also made in the US and it is made to last. Available in 3 bed lengths, the standard bed is a workhorse for pipe threading applications and most bolt threading applications with a 7-3/4” stroke length. For longer bolts or long runs of NPS Pipe Threads you can re-grip on the standard-length bed, or upgrade to a long, or extra-long bed machine with a 15” or 25” stroke. Produces Class 2A threads from ¼” to 2-1/4” Bolt and 1/8” to 2” Pipe.
Advantages of the Oster 792ALX
Besides the quality and longevity of our products, Oster’s 792ALX offers the following advantages:
- Far less costly when compared to CNC machining. No need for a skilled operator
- Interchangeable. Works with high-production pipe and high-production bolt in equal capacity. Because the pipe threading industry requires a keen eye, the 792ALX offers detailed accuracy for more critical applications
Oster X1 Style Rotating Diehead for Increased Production
The Oster rotating X1 diehead allows for increased production over a standard bolt and pipe threading machine. It also creates a safer work environment because the concern over long pieces of rotating material is eliminated. It can produce up to 200 threaded ends per hour as well as cutting both right-hand and left-hand threads in a single pass.
Benefits of the Rotating X1 Diehead
It's Faster- Most threading machines rob you of production time because the operator must start and stop the spindle to insert or remove the work piece. Much time is spent waiting for the machine spindle to insert or remove the work piece. Much time is spent waiting for the machine spindle to wind up to speed or wind down to still. With the X1 rotating diehead the need to start and stop the spindle between work pieces is eliminated. This allows for significantly higher production rates when compared to a conventional pipe or bolt threading machine.
It’s Safer- Shop safety is also improved when using the X1 Rotating Diehead machine. With a lathe or conventional threading machine there is always a piece of rotating material that necessitates workspace headaches, especially on longer pieces. With the X1 Rotating Diehead there is no longer a need for concern when threading long pieces material, whether one is threading a 20” piece or a 20’ piece.
Better than a Lathe- With the X1 diehead your threads are cut in a single pass, something unmatchable with single point solutions on a lathe. It is also superior for tackling long thread lengths and eliminates the need for live centers that add an extra machining operation.
Oster 792ALX Features
When looking for a versatile pipe and bolt threading machine, the Oster 792ALX provides the form and functionality you need. Features include:
Self-Centering Quick-Action Vise Carriage
Open type vise with hardened alloy steel gripping jaws for ½” to 2” and auxiliary jaws for diameters under 1/2". This smooth working vise permits easy loading, insures positive gripping and automatic centering. Also features an adjustable stock rest for easy loading and unloading of material.
Adjustable Diehead Threading Stop
Easy to change quick-setting adjustable stop automatically opens the die-head at the desired thread length for Pipe & Bolt making repetitive cuts of the same length easy and accurate.
In Spindle Ream & Chamfer Tool Available for Pipe Threads
With the optional #02871 Ream & Chamfer tool the 792ALX can easily ream and chamfer the ends of freshly cut pipe threads without any extra operations. Can also be used to equip a chamfer tool for solid bar stock.
Three Bed Lengths Available for the Threading Machine
With three bed sizes available you can find the perfect balance between maximum thread length capabilities and the foot print of your new machine.
|Bed Size||Maximum Thread Length|
|Extra Long||25 inches|
Niche applications for the Oster 792ALX Pipe and Bolt Threading Machine
While the Oster line of pipe and bolt threading machines offer an unsurpassed value to many industries, the Oster 792ALX threading machine also applies to niche applications that include:
- Anchor bolts
- Cement anchors for construction
- Pipe. Examples include fire sprinklers and pipes for natural gas
- Non-standard applications like gas trucks
- Hanger bolts for nuclear submarines
Contact the Pipe and Bolt Threading Experts at Oster
For over 125 years, the Oster Manufacturing Company has been committed to manufacturing top-quality pipe and bolt threading machines. We are dedicated to manufacturing threading machinea that meet our customer's expectations. This dedication can be seen through the high-quality materials we use, to our priority focus on customer satisfaction.
Contact the threading specialists at Oster with your questions or custom project today.
Additional 792ALX Threading Machine Accessories
No. 200NC Nipple Chuck, Adjustable Stock Supports, #02871 In-Spindle Ream & Chamfer Tool.
Other LX Series Threading Machine Features
- Easy to Read Digital RPM Display
- Automatic Stock Stop for Easily Repeatable Thread Length
- Taper Roller Bearing Mounted Spindle
- Heavy Duty Ball Bearing Mounted Worm Shaft
- Flat Ways
- Fabricated Steel Construction
Production Speed Studies for Pipe and Bolt Threading Machines
|Pipe Size||1/2" x 6" lg.||1/2" x 2' lg.||1/2" x 10' lg.||1" x 6" lg||1" x 2' lg.||1" x 10' lg.||2" x 6" lg.||2" x 2' lg.||2" x 10' lg.|
|Pieces per hour||211||211||163||175||180||124||138||138||91|
|Pieces per hour||220||250||215||180||187||150||157||150||150||145||130|
Bolts or Studs of screw stock with one inch of National Course thread cut on one end. Head turning at recommended speed.
Standard Equipment Furnished for the 792ALX Pipe and Bolt Threading Machine
- Motor - 5 H.P., 3 phase, 240 or 480 Volt. (Higher voltage will require the installation of a separate step up transformer)
- Motor Control - Variable frequency type with forward and reverse and potentiometer for speed control.
- Diehead - One, REVOLVING, semi-automatic, LESS ALL DIES. (Order only Symbol X1 Dies, 1 set per size required.) RIGHT- or LEFT-HAND available.
- Dies - Semi-automatic tripping and resetting device with emergency hand trip.
- Vise - Quick-acting, open type, with hardened steel insert gripping jaws and auxiliary jaws for diameters under 1/2".
- Stock-Stop - Automatic, adjustable.
- Gage - Drum type, mounted on carriage handwheel.
- Oil Pump - 115 Volt Gusher Pump internally relieved, with status light
- Oil - Thread cutting, FIVE gallons - Oster "BESTOIL".
See the 792ALX Threading Machine In Action
Demonstration of Threading and End Finishing Pipe with #02871 Ream & Chamfer Tool.
Basic Operation - Bolt
Basic Information for the Oster 792A Threading Machine