Custom Bolt and Threaded Rod Manufacturing Machines
Custom Engineered Bolt & Rod Threading Machines for Niche Bolt Manufacture or Difficult Pipe Threading Applications
There are many pipe and bolt threading applications beyond the standard structural steel fasteners and threaded pipe used in the plumbing or fire sprinkler installation industry. In the manufacture of proprietary equipment and machinery for example, threaded rods are widely in use. Some instances where threaded rod is used would be for linkage and engaging or disengaging functions on snow blowers and lawn mowers, in the construction of grain silos, and internal components for farm equipment such as grain carts, grain haulers and hay wagons. Whether you’re making ornamental lighting and shower fixtures or threading rods to be used in a Nuclear Submarine, Oster has a pipe or rod threading machine for you.
If you have a custom, unusual or difficult application our threading specialists are here to help find a solution. Aside from standard threads that we cover such as UNC, UNF, 8UN, 12UN, Metric Coarse, Metric Fine, and ACME; Oster has created custom solutions for a number of non-standard applications. Here are some examples:
- Progressive rod threading dies to take a cast iron eyebolt from 1-1/2” diameter and applying 1-1/4” – 7 bolt threads to the end.
- One set of dies to turn down 2.125” bar stock and apply 2” – 10 TPI threads in a single pass
- Dies for cutting ¾” – 10 undersized by .060” in a single pass
- Multi-lead threads
- Tapered pipe threads on solid bar
- 7” – 8” BSPT and BSPP Dies
- Reaming machine for removing rifling from tube ID
- Custom back of spindle chamfer attachment for bars with long thread length
- Dies for threading soft copper rod use in lightning protection
If you have an unconventional threading project and are looking for a custom solution don’t hesitate to give us a call. We’ll happily thread test pieces and help you engineer a solution.
Smooth Gripping Vise Jaws & Other Custom Grips
Some materials require special consideration when being gripped for the threading process. Decorative tubing and piping is sometimes chrome plated or has a polished brass finish. In cases where the exterior of the work piece needs to maintain its surface finish Oster makes a variety of smooth jaws to hold your material without damaging the surface finish. With both plain steel smooth jaws and jaws coated with carbide to increase friction we can handle most non-marking applications.