Oster 8R “Rapiduction” - Factory Floor 8” Capacity Pipe Threading Machine
|Standard Pipe Range||2.5" to 8"|
|Standard Bolt Range||2" to 6"|
|Spindle Speeds, Variable||7-9-14-21-26-42|
|Net Weight||7640 lbs.|
|Shipping Weight||7940 lbs.|
The Finest in Quality, Design and Performance for Thread Machines
You'll see from the heavy massive construction, that the 8R is built to last. Hand scraped ways and bearings are one example of the craftsmanship built into this fine machine. In addition to the massive construction, the 8R is designed to save hundreds of dollars in costly set-up time. Two additional clutch levers - one front and one rear - in conjunction with the rear flange gripping chuck, facilitates the making and breaking of fittings.
Never a Diehead Change for the Oster 8R Pipe Threading Machine!
Just set to size and thread! From the 2-1/2" Smallest Size In The Range To The Largest 8". No time consuming set-up whether you cut one thread- or a thousand -on your Oster No. 8R. A single die-head threads all sizes of pipe from 2-1/2" through 8"... without change of head, holders or dies. (Uses Symbol 8R Dies.)
M2 Tool Steel Dies are firmly held in durable steel holders. One set threads all sizes of same pitch and taper.
Accessories for the Oster 8R Threading Machine
Victaulic Type Grooving Tool Attachment
These Tools automatically insure correct depth, width and distance from pipe end for Victaulic Grooving applications. Available as extra equipment with the No. 8R Machine.
A Model 8T version is also available for precision A.P.I. threading. This machine incorporates a leadscrew, a taper attachment to give the correct taper rate for the pipe to be threaded and a die head utilizing tangential type chasers.
Additional Accessories for the 8R Threading Machine
No. 6 Nipple Chuck, Adjustable Pipe Supports, OSTO – Oster’s Superior Threading Oil
Standard Equipment Furnished
- Motor - 7.5hp., 1200 rpm., 3 phase, 60 Hz. 230 or 460 volts. (Motors of other specifications available.)
- Motor Control - REVERSING magnetic starter and push button station, with safety 120V control circuit at machine controls.
- Dieheads - ONE, radial, quick-opening type, adjustable to handle all sizes in standard range.
- Die Holders - ONE set to cover standard pipe range.
- Dies - ONE set to cover standard pipe range - 2-1/2" to 8", HIGH SPEED STEEL (Symbol 8R).
- Reamer - Swing-type.
- Cut-Off Device - Lathe style, blade type cut-off tool with double V block centering device.
- Chamfer Tool - Lathe type, mounted in cut-off block.
- Front Chuck - Powerful, Three-jaw, universal gripping.
- Rear Chuck - Three flange jaw, universal gripping.
- Gage - Direct reading DRUM type, mounted on carriage handwheel.
- Oil Pump - Internal gear type - automatic reversing.
- Oil - Thread cutting, THIRTY gallons - Oster "BESTOIL".